I found it more difficult than usual to get the
wildignore setting working properly in vim, so I thought I'd document it here.
wildignore setting is used in conjunction with the
path and other settings such as
wildmenu, and supposedly can be used to specify filename patterns that should be ignored when searching for files, for example using the
I'm running a fairly modern version of vim (7.4) compiled with the
dj@pipetree ~ $ vim --version | grep wildignore
+cscope +lispindent +python3 +wildignore
dj@pipetree ~ $
but specifying a pattern such as this:
or variations thereof, such as
What works for me is
In other words, an absolute path (I've tried using the tilde too, to no avail).
This is good enough for me, but it does irk me that something that should be so simple ... isn't.